Sunday, February 12, 2012

my new houseguest and my travel plans

So, I got a cat.  She waltzed into my house in January and now we hang out. I went away for two weeks and she greeted me at my return, a little skinnier but fine. Among her good qualities are that she likes to explore things and is comfortable sleeping anywhere. Among her not-so-good qualities are all the times she kills lizards and leave their carcasses in the kitchens for the bugs to swarm on before I notice, but I don't really care. I'm going to miss her when I leave in two weeks!

My current post-Post itinerary: Burma>Guangzhou>Hong Kong>Beijing then ??? something around China or maybe Japan or maybe Mongolia. Three weeks later, fly to St. Petersburg (this is early April) then a full month and a half later, fly home from Berlin, doing something like the Napoleonic retreat except with more trains. Pretty sweet I think!

1 comment:

  1. Do Mongolia. I can recommend a guest house through which you can arrange pretty cheap steppe sojourns.

    ReplyDelete